BC Groundwater Well Registration: We can help.

If you divert and use groundwater for non-domestic purposes, you must now obtain a water licence and pay water fees and rentals. This change came into force with the Water Sustainability Act (WSA) on February 29, 2016. 

This includes anyone who provides water to the public, such as trailer parks, restaurants, B&Bs, community halls, etc. The owner of the well is responsible for a yearly fee based on their water usage. This will need to be paid retroactively to 2016, and the fee must be submitted in full at the time of submitting the application. 

We have submitted applications for several clients and have met with several people in the Front Counter BC office to be fully briefed on the requirements. We have been trained to use the mapping tools that are suggested, and are well versed in accessing the variety of information required during the application process. 

Give us a call at 250-954-5022 for more information.